Sushi 4 Kids

J and I always discuss how we won the baby lottery when it comes to our kids.  Not only are the little people in our house, adorable, sweet, funny and kind, they also love food.  Everything from sushi to Indian, these kids will eat anything/everything in sight (large grocery bills are an understatement.)  There adventurous foodie nature also makes family dinner outings at restaurants more than enjoyable.  Who needs a kids menu...

As a fun lunch today, I thought I'd attempt PB & J sushi.  On occasion I think its fun to jazz up a regular kids sandwich, and we all know that our household adores sushi, so clearly this is a winner on all fronts.
Only problem.  Now I want sushi, my kind of sushi.  Salmon, tuna, deep fried Cali rolls, oh my.


photo courtesy Jif



PB & J Sushi


Ingredients:

2 Tbsp smooth peanut butter
2 Tbsp strawberry preserves
2 slices bread

Method:

Remove crusts from bread.  With a rolling pin, completely flatten bread
Spread 1 tablespoon of peanut butter and 1 tablespoon of preserves on each slice of bread
Roll each slice into a tight spiral.  Cut each into 4 pieces

Yields: 8 pieces
Recipe and photo courtesy of Jif

Note:  My rolls did not look this pretty, hence why I used the photo on the website in it's place.  Taste wise it was a hit.  Photo wise it was a bomb. 

Comments

  1. This post was hilarious. I love your honesty about the taste vs. photo situation. One the upside, your ratio of photo-op ready vs. not is very high!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts