Balsamic Grilled Mushrooms

I love mushrooms.  However, last night mushrooms and I were friends off.
For starters I made a lovely marinade.  Then while mixing away, half of it ended up on my shirt, forcing an impromptu laundry session.  Strike one.
Once I got the marinade re-mixed (and my shirt promptly in the washer) I poured the marinade over top the mushrooms and let time do its thing.  However, half an hour into marinating and mid toss, the lid flew off the container and mushrooms went everywhere.  Strike two.
One more strike and I was going to throw in the towel, or be out of mushrooms and clean clothes.
It's was me against the universe (the universe not wanting me to eat mushrooms that is) and the universe was making it personal.  I was bound and determined to have mushrooms for dinner so I wasn't going into this lightly.  Finally attempt number three produced results I was happy with.
mushrooms on my plate - check
clean shirt - check.

Who knew tiny button mushrooms could be such a challenge.  A yummy challenge at that.



Balsamic Marinated Grilled Mushrooms


Ingredients:
11 oz whole button mushrooms
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp dried parsley
salt & pepper

4 wooden skewers (soaked for 1 hour in water)

Method:
In small bowl, whisk together all ingredients, except mushrooms.  Pour mixture over mushrooms, and marinate covered for at least 1 hour.  Turning every 15 minutes.
Thread mushrooms on 4 wooden skewers and grill on BBQ for 3-4 minutes per side.


yields: 4 servings.

Comments

Popular Posts