Cherry-Vanilla Breakfast Smoothie


I survived the first two days of back to school tear-free, well almost, I may have gotten a little misty eyed, or perhaps its allergies??  Yes, allergies, let's go with that.   This school year has quite the schedule in store for us, R goes to morning classes, while L attends afternoon ones.  Making for 2 pick-ups and 2 drop-offs everyday, with only a quick break for lunch in between.  Hmmm, somehow I feel like I need to hire a personal assistant to keep me on track with this next year, or maybe I need to become a checklist wizard instead.



I've said it before, I love mornings.  I love waking up before everyone else to get in a good run, having a cup of coffee and quiet breakfast well perusing Pinterest and Facebook, mostly I just look forward to some downtime.  That being said my mornings have now begun almost two hours earlier to account for school.  This I'm not a fan of.  5am is too early, I much prefer the 6:45 time slot my body has grown accustomed to.  

After my typical morning workout (which was made infinitely harder thanks to this lovely head cold,) I decided to treat myself to a smoothie.  I've been off the smoothie train for awhile now, but today I was craving one.  So I caved.  This is me living on the edge.  Wild and crazy I know.  I decided on Cherry Vanilla as my potion of choice, and holy smokes am I ever glad I did.  I'm officially back on the smoothie train now.  All aboard.

Smoothie downed, I'm now off to start my job as personal chauffeur for two of the tiniest (albeit cutest) littlest folk ever.  Happy Thursday!



Cherry-Vanilla Smoothie

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cup frozen pitted cherries
1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract

Method:
Combine all ingredients above in blender or food processor and whirl till smooth and creamy.
enjoy

Comments

  1. Ahhh, yes ... I feel your chauffeur pain! Consider it quality time filled with teachable moments (or maybe just the chance to learn about the joys of lukewarm coffee in a travel mug). Ooooooh - or maybe Cherry-Vanilla Smoothie in a travel mug! Now we're talkin', right!?!? Another fab post - thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quality one-on-one time indeed. And yes, a smoothie filled to the top in my trusty 'ol travel mug, with a shot of espresso on the side ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts