Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie

summer & fall.


My favourite part about September mornings, is the crisp, fresh air that greets me when I wake up.  As much as I enjoy summer and autumn separately, I especially love the few weeks of transition between the seasons.  You get the best of both worlds; hot afternoons, cool evenings, and crisp mornings.  This fluctuation in temperature also allows for multiple outfit changes throughout the day, and what girl doesn't like to flaunt as much of her wardrobe as possible.  Boots and jeans in the morning, shorts and sandals in the afternoon, capped off with oversized sweaters in the evening.  Only problem....the laundry that accompanies my 3 outfit days.


Today's breakfast is my ode to summer/transition into fall breakfast.  Strawberries and oatmeal collide to make for one delicious morning smoothie.  Now to pick out outfit #1....


LOVE JS.



Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie

Ingredients:
1/4 cup uncooked oats
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt (Greek or regular)
1 cup sliced, frozen strawberries
1- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
honey (optional)

Method:
In small bowl combine oats and water, cook in microwave for 90 seconds.  Chill in fridge.
Using a blender or food processor combine chilled cooked oats with yogurt and milk.  Blend till smooth.  Add in frozen strawberries, blend further.
Serve & enjoy.

Comments

  1. You should create an audio version of your blog. Your blog posts sound amazing when you read your proofs to me. Keep up the good work.

    Signed: The other JS

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts