Strawberry Vanilla Cheesecake Oatmeal

Cheesecake for Breakfast.


Okay, so this really isn't cheesecake.  I tricked you.  Mean, I know.  But come on , I can't have a real piece of cheesecake for breakfast on a random Tuesday morning.  Can I?   Well maybe if it was my birthday, or Mother's Day (which is only a few days away...) or Sunday Funday....
Anyways, I've opted for the next best thing.  Oatmeal.  Aka, my breakfast staple.
I wanted to have fun with breakfast today.  So I broke out the container of cottage cheese and gave my regular bowl of oats a much needed protein boost.  Mixed with a little brown sugar, some graham cracker crumbs and sliced strawberries.  There you have it, cheesecake inspired oatmeal.

Happy Tuesday! 


Strawberry Vanilla Cheesecake Oatmeal

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Quaker quick oats
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/3 cup 1% cottage cheese
1/4 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp vanilla
2 tsp brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup strawberries, sliced

Method:
In saucepan, heat almond milk till it reaches a boil. Add cinnamon and oats. Reduce heat and cook stirring constantly for 5-7 minutes, or until thickened. Stir in cottage cheese, brown sugar and strawberries (reserve a few for the top.)  Remove from heat, stir in vanilla.  Pour into bowl, top with graham cracker crumbs and remaining sliced berries. 

Comments

Popular Posts