Healthy Snacks | Oatmeal, Coconut & Graham Cracker Snack Bites

Today I stumbled across a healthy snack on Pinterest; in between all of the pies, cakes, cookies and other sinful treats of course.  You can tell it's January, since I completely ignored those desserts in my attempt to stick to a 'no cookie/pie zone' for a couple weeks.  All I can say is 1 week down...


My cookie vacation turned into a no-bake energy snack bite.  Healthy, kid-loved, and almost cookie like.  A winner all around.  Oh and we all know how much I appreciate 'no bake' recipes.


See you in a couple weeks dear cookie, in the meantime, I found a more than suitable replacement.  LOVE, JS.




Oatmeal, Coconut & Graham Cracker Snack Bites


Ingredients:
1 cup old fashioned oats
1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/3 - 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs, ground
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup almond butter
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla

Method:
In large bowl combine almond butter, honey and vanilla, mix well.  Add in oats, coconut, graham cracker crumbs (start with 1/3 cup) and combine.  (if mixture is still too wet add in a little more graham cracker crumbs) Fold in chocolate chips.
Refrigerate mixture for 30 minutes.  Once chilled roll into balls.
Store in air tight container in fridge.
Enjoy!

Yields 15-25 balls depending on size

Comments

Popular Posts