Chocolate Chip Cookies

Guess who's coming tonight?

Hint:  Red. Jolly. Reindeer. Sleigh. PRESENTS.

That's right, Santa himself is scheduled to stop by.  And how else do you repay the man that's bringing gifts for you and your family?

Milk and cookies of course.

This year I couldn't make up my mind on which cookie to make, so I let my kids decide for me.  Turns out in doing so, meant that I was going to make two different kinds of cookies since they couldn't agree.

L's choice was the classic chocolate chip.  I think this has to be the #1 flavour favourite among little kids everywhere.  From crispy to chewy to cakey, you have countless options when trying to satisfy your chocolate craving.  I came across this recipe for soft chocolate chip cookies from Anna Olsen, which brings out an unusual (well to me anyway) ingredient: cornstarch.  I've never thought to put cornstarch in cookies before, but in doing so, I've managed to create a moist and soft cookie, perfect for Santa, or me, or the kids...

Milk chillin', cookies cooling, we're ready for you Santa.

Merry Christmas!




Chocolate Chip Cookies


Ingredients:
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup gruanulated sugar
1 large egg
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips

Method:
Preheat oven to 350F
In large bowl combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt.  Set aside
Cream together butter and sugars until smooth.  Add egg and vanilla and blend in.  Add in flour mixture and stir till combined.  Fold in chocolate chips.
Roll into balls and place onto a parchment lined baking sheet.  Bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown around the edges.
Remove from oven and let cool for 4 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to baking rack to cool completely.

Yields: 2 dozen

slightly adapted from Anna Olsen

Comments

Popular Posts