Zucchini Lemon Loaf

Friday afternoons have the tendency to drag on.  As I was patiently eagerly waiting for the weekend to hurry up and get here, I found myself with a couple hours to spare.  In between school for L and nap time for R, I'm guaranteed two solid hours everyday for me.  Now usually I use this time to nap, I'm not gonna lie to you, but I had a great sleep the night before and wasn't really feeling a nap today.  I was actually looking to get some baking done.  Actually I was looking for ways to up my lemon intake for the day. You can never have too many lemons in your diet, right?  Pucker up I say, I love lemons. 

Favourite Pie: Lemon Meringue

Favourite Drink: Pink Lemonade
Favourite Bread: Lemon Loaf
Favourite Bar: Lemon Bars
And the list could go on....

Today's life lesson:  "when life gives you lemons; make as many pastries, desserts, breads or bars as possible..." - JS



Zucchini Lemon Loaf

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
1 1/2 Tbsp lemon zest
1 cup zucchini, shredded and squeezed dry


Method:

Preheat oven to 350.  Lightly butter 9-by-5 inch loaf pan.
Mix first five ingredients in large bowl.  Add in zucchini, mix.  In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, applesauce, yogurt, and lemon zest.  Fold into the dry mixture until just combined.
Spread batter into prepared pan.  Bake until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean, about 50-55 minutes.  Cool 30 minutes in pan on a rack, then turn out onto rack to cool completely.



Adapted from my Lemon Blueberry Almond Loaf

Comments

Popular Posts