An Ode to the Mini Egg


Remember when Cadbury Mini Eggs were only available at Easter time?  Thank goodness those days are over.  This delicious candy shelled, chocolate coated treat is here to stay, 365 days a year.  
I can remember in years prior, the knowledge of these being taken off the shelves for 11 months at a time, would send my sister into 'hoarding mode,'/tailspin, and she'd stockpile her freezer full of chocolate eggs.  Can't say I blame her, although, my willpower wouldn't be able to take pounds of frozen chocolate just waiting to be eaten.  I'm weak.  I'd cave.  And, I'd be the owner of a massive stomach ache.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think mini eggs taste better at Easter?  Easter wouldn't be Easter without them (or a Mr. Crispy bunny) so today's treat features these pastel beauties atop a nest made of Rice Krispie Treats.  I love spring, or is it chocolate and Rice Krispie's I love?  Let's call it a draw.




Mini Egg Rice Krispie Nests


Ingredients:
6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
1/4 cup butter
250g pkg marshmallows
2 tsp vanilla
200g pkg Cadbury Mini Eggs

Method:
In large saucepan melt butter over low heat.  Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.  Remove from heat, stir in vanilla.
Add in cereal and stir until well coated.
Using a buttered spoon, divide mixture into 24 muffin cups coated with cooking spray.  Using bottom of a small glass or the back of a spoon, press down to form a nest-like shape. (sunken in the centre and higher on the edges) 
Place 3 mini eggs into the centre of each nest.  Allow to cool.  Enjoy!

Yields: 24



Comments

Popular Posts