Guess Who's Five


Stop the presses.  It's official.  I'm now the mom of a five year old boy.  I'm still not entirely sure how this happened, wasn't it only yesterday that I brought L home from the hospital?  I still remember his newborn scent, rocking him to sleep, and the 2, 4, & 6am feedings, all of which are now just memories.  Even though I love my uninterrupted sleeps, part of me wants to get up again.  Why can't they stay little for longer than a nanosecond?  It's just not fair.

L has been counting down to this birthday since what seems like summer, and I'm sure the countdown to his 6th birthday will begin tomorrow.  This year pie, pancakes, and Spiderman, reigned supreme as the birthday requests.  Truth be told I couldn't be more excited about the pie.  That's always my birthday request.  Smart kid.  Of course you can't have pie without ice cream, so with this in mind I decided to go ahead and make an ice cream pie.  Two worlds colliding into one dessert.  Winner, winner birthday dinner dessert.

Happy Birthday L!  You make me proud to call myself a mom, I couldn't ask for a better son, brother, or all around individual.  I love you more and more with each passing day.  Muwah.  xoxo.







Cookies 'n Cream Ice Cream Pie

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cup oreo cookie crumbs
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 quarts cookies 'n cream ice cream, softened
2 cups cool whip topping, softened
cookie crumbs or mini oreos for garnish

Method:
Combine cookie crumbs and melted butter in medium bowl.  Firmly press into bottom of 9-inch springform pan.  Transfer to freezer to firm up.
Spread softened ice cream over frozen crust.  Place back in freezer for 1-2 hours.
Top with cool whip and garnish with some cookie crumbs or mini oreos if desired.  Freeze for 4-6 hours till completely set, or overnight.



Comments

  1. Lovely. Thanks for joining in the Food on Friday fun today! Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts