Homemade Pickled Onions


My sister loves pickled onions, LOVES pickled onions.  And I have to agree with her, they are delicious in salads, sandwiches and of course tacos.  An added bonus is how lovely they are to look at, pink and girly.  Just lovely! 


Like other things (wine,cheese, me, okay not me) these too get better with age.  So make them now and enjoy them a few days from now, or at least 1 day from now.  Yes, this may require thinking ahead, or if you are impatient, who am I to stand in your way.


Homemade Pickled Onions

Ingredients:
1 medium red onion, halved lengthwise, finely chopped
1/2 cup organic apple cider vinegar
1 cup water
2 Tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt

Method:
In small saucepan combine all the ingredients and bring to a boil over medium heat.  Remove saucepan from heat and allow to sit for 25 minutes.
Transfer to air-tight container and place in the fridge.  enjoy.

Comments

Popular Posts