Girls Night Dinner Date: 80th & Ivy

Last night I had the privilege of dining with my some of my favourite ladies patio-style.  We soaked up some summer rays and people watched the always busy 17th Ave.  This is what July in YYC is all about.  Please don't end summer....

After an intense thunder/hail storm and tornado watch in the suburbs, the sky cleared, and made way for a sunshine-filled evening.
Our monthly girls night led us to 80th & Ivy, located at 1127 17 Ave SW, because well let's face it, I love it there (yes, this is me taking full credit for dinner, you're welcome.)  Wonderful food and a great location, made for a more than enjoyable night among friends.



Here's a look at our evening in food.  I apologize in advance for making you hungry.

the eats:

pear & gorgonzola pizza |  caramelized onion, wilted kale, balsamic honey


pear, bacon & brie chicken sandwich |  brie, roasted pears, bacon, mixed greens, garlic aioli


tuna club |  seared albacore tuna loin, lemon caper aioli, bacon, romaine, crispy fried onion


red thai curry halibut |  pistachio crusted, mashed potato croquette, asparagus
Any guesses to what I ordered?
If you follow this blog/my eating adventures, it probably doesn't come as a shock that the pear & gorgonzola pizza has my name/stomach written all over it.  I was actually contemplating ordering a second pizza for dessert, but didn't (you should know I'm now regretting this decision.)  Seriously, what is it about that combination, on pizza, that gets me every single time.  I love it.

Thanks 80th & Ivy, for yet again, a delightful evening.  We all left with happy, full bellies and will likely return for round 2 in the very near future.  Until next time....(or maybe this weekend for me...)


Comments

  1. Hi JS, just popped over to let you know that your link to Food on Friday: Muffins & Cupcakes was featured in my Need Some Inspiration? Series today. Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts