Pesto-Tzatziki Potato Salad


What better way to celebrate the guys in my life then with a good family BBQ.  After all, they say the way to a mans heart is through his stomach. So, it goes without saying a BBQ is the perfect way to say 'thanks!'  Thanks for being a great dad, a supporter, a listener and a friend. 
My sister is playing the roll of hostess this year, so I have been appointed to sides.  Of course, no BBQ is complete without potato salad.  It is the perfect dish to accompany any burger.  Potato salad screams summer,  and aside from the weather, I still believe it to be true. 
There are two types of potato salad people out there.  You have the mayonnaise based fans, and the vinegar ones.  I'm enjoy both, and typically alternate between the two during the summer months.  However, I have recently come across option #3 to throw into the rotation.  Pesto-Tzatziki Potato Salad.  Yum-o!  Pesto = Awesome. Tzatziki = Fantastic.  Potatoes with zucchini, broccoli and corn - are you kidding me?  This is one killer salad.  In addition to its great taste, this recipe couldn't be easier to make.  Allowing for more family time and less time spent in the kitchen, which is what summer is all about! 
Happy Father's Day to the two guys in my life - love you both.
Now enough with the blogging and onto the BBQ'ing!
LOVE JS

Pesto-Tzatziki Potato Salad

courtesy of food not fuss.com (slightly adapted)

Ingredients: 
1 1/2 bags of mini red potatoes, left unpeeled, and halved
1 zucchini, cut into slices and quartered.
1 1/2 cups of frozen corn
3 1/2 cups frozen broccoli
2Tbsp pesto (homemade or prepared)
1/2 cup tzatziki (homemade or prepared)

Method:
Boil potatoes until you are able to pierce them with a fork.  Do not overcook!  Add broccoli, corn and zucchini and continue heating until water comes back up to a boil.  Remove from heat and drain well.  Rinse with cold water if you need to cool it down quickly.
Mix pesto and tzatziki sauces.  Coat cooled potato mixture, using as much or as little sauce as desired.
ENJOY.

Comments

  1. I don't know how I missed seeing this recipe last summer... but thanks to that beloved "You might also like" app, I'm both more enlightened and hungrier than ever. This salad seriously combines a great many of my loves. Oh summer... I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts